Why WordPress is the Most Popular CMS to Start a Blog?
Do you know what a CMS is?
A CMS or Content Management System platform allows you to easily create a website without working on any code (at least for most of them). You will find an array of CMS options available, and this is what will make it hard for you to choose the best CMS for your needs.
What is a CMS Platform?
A CMS platform is basically software that enables you to manage your content and create a website with an easy interface.
With CMS, you can easily solve this issue as you can create a website without learning programming or writing code.
If you are looking for a developer-friendly CMS, it means you don’t have the coding skills.
What is WordPress? Of course, WordPress is also a content management system (CMS) that runs over 35% of the websites globally — and this is number is continuously growing.
WordPress is developed using PHP and MySQL, which is supported by almost all web hosts. If you use a specialized managed WordPress hosting plan, it can also give you benefits in terms of speed, performance, and reliability.
A CMS is popular for blogging but you can also turn a WordPress website into an eCommerce store, newspaper website, portfolio, or anything else you want easily.
WordPress offers an intuitive and user-friendly dashboard that enables you to manage your content smoothly. If you have hands-on experience with Microsoft Word, you can easily create and publish content easily.
The best and most beneficial point is that WordPress is open-source and free for everyone to use. Therefore, millions of people around the world have built their high-quality, modern websites using it.
Types of Websites You Can Create with WordPress
As WordPress is highly flexible, you can create various kinds of websites. There isn’t any limit for possibilities of the type of website but there are some of the most common ways people use and this will give you a better idea.
People started developing blogs in WordPress and it is still the most frequently used platform for website development. You can start by hosting your blog with the most basic WordPress hosting plan. When your blog starts growing, you can easily upgrade to the most advanced options.
If you want to design a portfolio for an artist, photographer, musician, writer, and other creative professional and freelancer, WordPress would be your best help. You will get to choose from several portfolio themes available on WordPress.org, and other third-party sites. These include all features needed, such as image galleries, lightboxes, and portfolio grids.
If you are running a small business, you will find WordPress to be a good solution for developing your website. SMEs mostly prefer using WordPress but it’s also frequently used by large corporations too.
WordPress requires a low cost of maintenance and a relatively flat learning curve. Therefore, it’s a favorite platform among charities and churches as well. It is due to WordPress, today more nonprofits have an online presence which was lesser earlier.
WordPress also helps you in creating an online shop without any programming knowledge. WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress and offers crucial features such as shopping carts, checkout pages, an order management system, one-click refunds, and other add-ons for adding to your site.
For your information, popular sites such as The New Yorker, TechCrunch, Sony Music, White House, etc. are built using WordPress.
Advantages of WordPress
WordPress offers several advantages and it’s one of the most popular platforms for anyone who wants to run or create a website without the knowledge of programming. Moreover, it’s the best platform for programmers, because it is easily customizable. Below are some highlights of WordPress.
- Low cost – WordPress comes for free and so, you only need to pay for the domain and web hosting service. Additionally, many plugins and themes are free in WordPress.
- Easy installation and update process – WordPress doesn’t need to be configured as other CMSs do and it can be updated with a single click.
- Simple to manage – No programming knowledge is needed for working on everyday tasks such as uploading and editing images, writing and editing posts, adding menus, managing users, and installing plugins and themes.
- Custom design – You get thousands of ready-for-use WordPress themes that enable you to create a custom design that matches your niche. For instance, there are some specific themes available for restaurants, medical practitioners, small businesses, food bloggers, etc.
- Custom functionality – You can make use of plugins to extend WordPress’ default functionalities. Basically, you will get a plugin for every specific task such as from search engine optimization to event booking.
- Helpful community – There is a worldwide community of WordPress and an expert helpful support forum. If you have any queries or don’t know something, you can quickly get help.
- Open-source – There is no need to pay for WordPress software and this isn’t the case with alternative CMS as those are premium.
WordPress is an extremely versatile platform. You can build your preferred website with this platform. Whether it is starting a blog, posting video tutorials, attracting new clients with an online portfolio, WordPress is the solution. Also, you can quickly get hands-on WordPress as it has an easy learning curve.