Today, the study has become not only a necessity but also a trend. However, the learning process has not become easier because of this. Students still receive dozens of homework assignments at the same time and are forced to use their full potential to cope with this avalanche of knowledge and get a good grade.
Specialized academic assistance services are now at their peak. Although you yourself know this. The competition in this niche is very high. Therefore, if you want to create an essay service that will work for the benefit of students, and for your personal benefit, it is necessary to think over many subtleties. In this article, we will tell you what to look for when developing a website for an academic service using WordPress, and also how to choose the most suitable theme.
When Design Matters
The design of the website is the first thing that the students see even before they begin full interaction with your service. For this reason, the design determines whether your company will be popular among students already at the start.
Therefore, when choosing a WordPress theme, pay attention to the color scheme in which it is made. It should not be poisonous or bright colors. Students should immediately feel that this is an educational site, and here they can get help with their academic tasks. For example, look at the site design of Studicus and TrustMyPaper. It will be clear even to an occasional user that this is an educational website, but not an entertaining one.
UX is the Top Priority
You can make a visually attractive website, but not take into account the needs of an ordinary student. User experience (UX) is a determining factor because, without it, no tricks can bring the desired conversion. UX design plays a connecting role in the relationship between current or future customers with a particular company.
Therefore, before making a choice in favor of a particular WordPress theme, you need to clearly understand which path your student will go from the first visit to the site to placing an order for writing an essay. To do this, put yourself in the student’s place and draw the most likely route for the site. Understanding the behavior of your users, you can not only choose the most suitable WordPress theme from the very beginning but also customize its capabilities more effectively.
Main Features You Need to Implement on Your Academic Writing Website
So, before choosing a WordPress theme, you need to understand what functions your future essay service platform should contain.
First of all, it should be
- admin panel
- site for writers
- site for students.
The functionality of the site for students should be the most complete and thoughtful. Here is a list of basic features:
- registration form,
- personal account
- an order form
- ability to track work progress
- the ability to choose an author (this may be an additional option)
- secure payment system
- purchase history
- the ability to receive notifications
- real student reviews.
The Most Awesome WordPress Themes to Choose from
The first thing to say is the fact that WordPress has not yet come up with specialized themes for essay services. Therefore, we will have to choose from universal themes. In order to narrow your search, we suggest analyzing several themes for the field of study that you can successfully customize and turn into a full-fledged academic assistance service.
- Jevelin. This is one of the best themes in the educational segment. You won’t have to write a single line of code to customize it for the essay service. All you need is a little personalization, the right plugins, and cool content to attract students.
- Eikra. The advantage of this theme is that it is already localized, and you can give content to users from different countries. This is almost the main thing that you need to be able to bring your essay service to new markets.
- Educlever. This theme will also be a good choice for an educational project. All you need is to customize the necessary functions and add the necessary plugins.
- Webify. The creators of the theme assure that it can be used for many projects in the field of education. So, essay service is no exception. This theme is ideal for focusing user attention by creating all kinds of headlines and placing content blocks in the most appropriate way.
- WPLMS is one of the most popular themes in the education segment. Initially, it was sharpened for the sale of online courses. However, it is possible to turn this template into anything you want. True, in order to turn this theme into a really powerful essay service, you will have to create some code.
- LeadEngine is a fairly powerful theme. Questions of design and positive user experience have already been resolved by the developers. In addition, there are built-in features for e-commerce. Choosing this theme, you can easily transform the necessary features to your needs and maximize the customization of the necessary functions to launch the essay service.
In addition, you can analyze universal WordPress themes. Sometimes the solution lies on the surface, and it is very possible that you do not even need highly specialized themes. The developers of universal themes WordPress thought about everything at once. All that remains for you is to find the most attractive option, sensibly evaluate your abilities to write additional code and customize the necessary functions, and you can get down to business.
The key to the success of the service essay is not even the WordPress theme that you choose. Even if you turn to professional developers, this is still not a guarantee of instant success. The key to success is your ability to make yourself known and organize your workflow properly.
However, do not underestimate the power of proper design and positive user experience. Therefore, when developing a website for an academic assistance company, first of all, put yourself in the shoes of students who will contact you and draw the appropriate conclusions.
About the Author: Kristin Savage nourishes, sparks and empowers using the magic of a word. Along with pursuing her degree in Creative Writing, Kristin was gaining experience in the publishing industry, with expertise in marketing strategy for publishers and authors. Now she works as a freelance writer at BestEssay Education and WOWGrade. You can find her on Facebook.