7 Must Have Plugins for a WordPress Website
Now a days more than 60 million consumers uses WordPress as their ideal platform for websites. The fact that it is easily customizable makes it a good choice of CMS for many people. Using WordPress, you can achieve virtually every kind of website that you desire. The availability of incessant developer support in terms of WordPress Plugin makes it an even better choice of CMS. Depending on your niche, several WordPress plugins can come in handy. However, there are those critical plugins that every businessperson ought to have in his WordPress site. We’ll go through a couple of them. On this blog, we will discuss about 7 must have WordPress plugin for a WordPress website.
What is a WordPress Plugin?
WordPress plugins are bits of software which can be uploaded to your WordPress website to extend and expand the functionality of your website. There are a lot of plugins you can find on wordpress.org. Some are free which you can download free of cost and some are premium which you have to buy first.
Now let’s move on to the top 7 WordPress plugin you can upload on your website.
1. Contact Form 7
Basically Contact Form 7 is a contact form plugin for your WordPress website. It can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering etc.
Contact Form 7 will provide a basic and flexible contact form for your WordPress website. This is an important part of many businesses, as your potential customers need to be able to contact with you. You can customize the design of the form and set where you would like it to send the mail by using this plugin.
Here are some notable key features of this plugin:
- Creating Complex Forms
- Styling Forms
- Feedback and Questions
- Service Request
- Reducing Spam
- Controlling the Information
- Creating Leads
2. Revolution Slider:
Revolution Slider is a premium slider available as a WordPress plugin, JQuery plugin and Joomla plugin. It’s gained huge popularity in the WordPress community due to its huge range of features and ease of use.
Revolution slider is a slider plugin for WordPress. It is a very innovative, responsive WordPress Slider Plugin which displays your content the beautiful way. Whether it’s a Slider, Carousel, Hero Scene or even a whole Front Page, the visual, drag and drop editor will let you tell your own stories in no time.
Here we will see some notable key features of Revolution slider.
- Responsive Layouts
- Multiple Content Sources
- Easy Options
- Media Support
- Free Add-ons
- 3D Parallax Effects
- Front Page Designer
- Fully Responsive Solution
- True Multimedia Content
- Navigation Designer
- Dewhurst Security
VaultPress is a WordPress backup plugin which is a real-time backup and security scanning service designed and built by Automattic, the same company that operates (and backs up) millions of sites on WordPress. VaultPress is now powered by Jetpack and effortlessly backs up every post, comment, media file, revision, and dashboard setting on your site. You’re now protected against hackers, malware, accidental damage, and host outages with VaultPress.
VaultPress makes it easy to keep an up-to-date backup of your site with both daily and real-time syncing of all your WordPress content. VaultPress performs comprehensive security scans daily and makes it easy to review and fix threats to ensure your site stays safe.
Here we will see some notable key features of VaultPress slider.
- Creating backup in real-time,
- Backup restoration
- Security scans conducted on a daily basis to make certain your server does not have any suspicious codes in it or that you do not have any compromised data
- Prevents negative reviews and malicious comment or comment spam through the use of Akismet
- Real-time monitoring of any backup actions
- Automatic restoration of backups
4. iThemes Security:
iThemes security is a WordPress security plugin which gives you over 30+ ways to secure and protect your WordPress site. On average, 30,000 new websites got hacked each day. WordPress sites can be an easy target for attacks because of plugin vulnerabilities, weak passwords and obsolete software. .
Most WordPress admins don’t know they’re vulnerable, but iThemes Security works to lock down WordPress, fix common holes, stop automated attacks and strengthen user credentials. With advanced features for experienced users, our WordPress security plugin can help harden WordPress.
Here we will see some notable key features of VaultPress slider.
- Two-factor authentication for logins
- Comment spam blocking (limited)
- Force users to create a unique nickname when updating profile, or registering
- Disable PHP execution in uploads
- Disable user’s author page if post count is zero
- Remove update notifications to your users
- Detects file changes
- Security reports
- Brute force attack protection
- Strong password enforcement
- Hide login and admin pages
5. Yoast SEO
Although WordPress out of the box is already technically quite a good platform for SEO, but that doesn’t mean you can’t improve it further! This plugin is written from the ground up by Joost de Valk and his team at Yoast to improve your site’s SEO on all needed aspects. Yoast SEO forces you to choose a focus keyword when you’re writing your articles, and then makes sure you use that focus keyword everywhere.
So we can say The Yoast SEO plugin is by far the best search engine optimization plugin available to WordPress. It offers excellent all round services to ensure that your site has solid technical and search engine friendly foundations. Let’s see some notable key features of this plugin:
- Social Integration
- Advanced option
- Snippet editor
- XML sitemap
- Redirects Easily
- Check Focus or targeted Keyword
- Add Breadcrumbs
- It allows To Change Permalinks
- Redirect Ugly URL to clean permalinks
- Automatically Remove Stop Words From Slugs
- Helps You ‘Hide’ Specific Posts/Pages From Search Engines
6. W3 Total Cache:
W3 total cache is a WordPress speed optimization plugin. It improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance, reducing download times via features like Content Delivery Network integration.
Let’s see some notable key features of this plugin:
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private / dedicated servers and dedicated servers / clusters
- Transparent content delivery network (CDN) management with Media Library, theme files and WordPress itself
- Mobile support: respective caching of pages by referrer or groups of user agents including theme switching for groups of referrers or user agents
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) support
- Caching of (minified and compressed) pages and posts in memory or on disk or on (FSD) CDN (by user agent group)
- Caching of feeds (site, categories, tags, comments, search results) in memory or on disk or on CDN
- Caching of database objects in memory or on disk
- Caching of objects in memory or on disk
- Caching of fragments in memory or on disk
- Minification of posts and pages and feeds
- Reverse proxy integration via Nginx or Varnish
- Caching statistics for performance insights
Shareaholic is a social media sharing plugin. On that topic (social media plugin) we have another blog. You can read that blog so that you can gather some ideas in detail about social media plugin. Now, Shareaholic is the world’s leading all-in-one Content Amplification Platform, which includes related content recommendations, social sharing, following, social analytic and site monetization apps such as promoted content, native ads and affiliate links. This module makes it a snap for any website — big or small — to engage and grow their traffic, market their content, gain insights, and monetize their audience, all from one powerful but easy-to-use dashboard.
Now, let’s see some notable key features of this plugin:
- 100% customizable
- Mobile optimized
- Built for scale
- Generate revenue
- Fast and secure
- Classic Bookmarks
On this blog, we have tried to give you the best ideas about top 7 WordPress plugins. If you have liked this blog, please feel free to share it with your dearest ones! 🙂