5 Things You Must Know About PSD to HTML Conversion
What is PSD to HTML Conversion?
PSD to HTML is a common design-to-code method, converting a Photoshop Document into an HTML file. This process allows web designers and developers to work together to make a good looking and highly functional website.
If you use the PSD to HTML technique, creating a website mockup is the first step.
The design file is saved in .psd format and later converted to HTML. this can convert a PSD file to individual files that are used within an HTML structure.
To put it simply, with the PSD to HTML method, you’re taking a stylized mockup and transform it into a functional site.
Why Convert PSD to HTML?
There are several frameworks that offer easy-to-use methods for web creation. Some people assume that the PSD to HTML method could be a bit dated. However, it’s a viable option for web design.
There are many reasons, why Photoshop is still very helpful in web design:
With Photoshop, you’ll be able to a great visual representation of your project to assist your clients to understand the design better.
Photoshop allows you to make a pixel-perfect design, accommodates the need for modern web design like retina quality graphics.
With Photoshop you’ll be able to create each design unique. this is the main winning purpose against website builders.
The design phase is very dynamic, therefore you have got to be versatile. Your clients may switch from one option to another until they find what suits them best. unlike making a prototype, making a mockup is easier and faster.
Also, despite the long process, converting PSD to HTML ensures you have got a good quality code. this is necessary for terms of easy maintenance.
Whether you’re about to have a new website or want to convert your PSD to HTML website, you want to grasp these 5 things about conversion while choosing a PSD to HTML company:
- Manual coding is usually better than automated ones — these days we’ve tools and software for everything, from creating designs to developing a full website however once it comes to having perfect results than manual coding outshines the automated one. These automated tools may solve your purpose however, they’re going to definitely not give you a pixel-perfect result like manual coding. therefore if you availing PSD conversion from a PSD to HTML company make sure you ask for the manual coding.
- Look for W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) validation — once you’re PSD to HTML conversion completed, ensure that you just get your website the W3C validation check. It’s important and also assures the correctness of codes. It ensures the live status of your website.
- Image optimization and compression for fast load times — whereas obtaining the website developed, you want to make sure that it doesn’t take much time to load, it’s been discovered that websites taking longer to load impacts the conversion rate. It also affects the search engine ranking because the visitors want to see the website which gets easily loaded. you can try this by optimizing image, image resizing, saving methods, etc.
- Use SEO semantic HTML tags — whereas getting your website done and winding up the HTML coding it’s necessary to work on SEO semantic coding. It helps your website pop up while the client is searching for products or services related to your niche. this will be done by using meta tags, image alt tags, heading tags.
- Pixel perfect Markup matching your Design — While PSD to HTML conversion services, the styles are converted into pixel perfect and optimized markup. apart from this, they’re checked for cross-browser compatibility and W3C compliance.