Bootstrap Template to WordPress: How to Convert it?
The user interface of a web page is significant as its the first thing that grabs the attention of the end-users. WordPress is the most commonly used content management system with a huge variety of features that make your web pages user-friendly, dynamic and Search Engine Friendly. Setting up a website on word press is a quick procedure and does not require coding from scratch as well.
WordPress themes are usually available on higher price ranges as compared to bootstrap so it’s a workable option to convert your bootstrap theme template into WordPress themes and make your websites look attractive to users.
The steps performed during the conversion of a Bootstrap template to a WordPress theme are mentioned as following:
1. Setting up a fresh WordPress installation
The first thing you need to do while setting up your website is to purchase a domain name that is precise and matches our niche as well. Then install your WordPress files locally and also list down the plugins you will need for setting up your website on WP.
2. Add some dummy content
The next step is to add some dummy content into your website so that the site user interface can be previewed in a better manner.
3. Register your new WordPress theme or modify the CSS style sheet
Then you need to register the theme by uploading the saved theme files into your WordPress admin panel. The syntax for bootstrap theme might be slightly different than WP so you must update the CSS style sheets according to the requirements of the user interface and preview the changes to ensure that it’s properly updated and responsive.
4. Convert the index.html file into our first WordPress template
The index file is the root file of the template and contains code for the home page normally. The index file needs to be changed at first and updated according to the WordPress template requirements.
5. Initiate with changing the header tag
The index file comprises various tags such as header, body, and footer tags. The functionality must be updated by making changes in the header tag and making this code WordPress compatible.
6. Loading of the JS and JQuery files utilizing the method used for WordPress
7. Get an understanding of the WordPress Loop
The next step is to study the WP loop thoroughly so that the Bootstrap template source code is updated according to the WP requirements.
The other steps involved in the process are also summarized below:
- Utilizing the loop in order to display the featured and most recent posts of the website
- Display the content sliders and carousels through WP Loop
- Utilize the menu and Bootstrap walker and convert it into WordPress
- Formulate the single post template
- Design the sidebar
- Update code for the purpose of archiving category pages
- Search for 404 error and not responding pages
- Utilize Bootstrap shortcodes and convert them to WordPress template
- Troubleshoot your theme
- Your WordPress theme is ready
FYI, PSDtoWPService provides PSD to WordPress conversion service. So if you’re interested in that, don’t hesitate to contact us.